A global, enterprise, and high-growth medical company has a new and immediate need for a Cisco Network Engineer. This is an all encompassing role up to design duties, within a cutting edge, stable and global network. Although break/fix is inevitable, you will find projects to makeup the majority of your work. We are an “in-house first” IT Department offering competitive compensation, ongoing technical training’s and exceptional work/life balance. Our culture is friendly, casual and intelligent. This is an exceptional opportunity to join a premier Austin employer and become a member of a strong Information Technology Department with exceptional employee retention.
POSITION SUMMARY – Network Engineers are responsible for installing, maintaining and supporting computer communication networks within an organization or between organizations. Their goal is to ensure the smooth operation of communication networks in order to provide maximum performance and availability for their users.
Essential Job DutiesKey Responsibilities of the Job:
- Candidate will help design, build, implement, and maintain our network infrastructure as well as the complex network connections between international locations
- Candidate will help set strategic direction and drive the execution path for our networks, tools, vendors, etc.
- Identify & document design/architecture best practices for global adoption. Lead technical design/architecture reviews of applicable global projects. Owns responsibility for driving worldwide architecture for global projects
- Design solutions that includes redundant connectivity to ISP’s, complex routing switching infrastructure, extranet connectivity, firewall, design, data center design, WAN integration
- Support activities such as Disaster Recovery, data replication, infrastructure support activities such as documentation, develop architectural diagrams, troubleshooting performance issues
- Develop schedules and plans, communicate progress to management in both verbal and written formats, identify barriers, identify and evaluate alternatives
- Provide 1st and 2nd-tier support for network devices and carrier circuits
- Monitoring of system stability, availability and performance
- Ensuring 24x7x365 operation of internal and client systems
- Drive service providers to resolve issues in the shortest time possible
- Perform documentation of procedures
- Execute change management according to documented procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area or at least 7+ years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Certifications in related field preferred – CCNA, CCNP
Required Certifications/License/Special Skills:
- Ability to work with a team
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to initiate action from incoming calls and inquiries
- Ability to work from a ticketing system and complete tasks within the SLA’s
- Exposure to SAN, WAAS, IPS/IDS, Cisco Wireless preferred
- Solid knowledge of Internet systems, ISP routing, route tuning, MPLS and Voice/Network convergence technologies. LAN/WAN
Required Work Experience:
- Strong VoIP knowledge and experiences
- Experience working with vendors to improve existing relationships, understand product roadmaps, define future capabilities, and ensure product support
- Experience with Cisco enterprise class switches (Nexus 7k, 5k, 6500s, 4500s, 3750s, 3560 and 2960s) and routers including (3900s, 3800s, 2900s, 2800s), Extensive experience with EIGRP, BGP routing protocols, spanning tree, multicast, QOS, MPLS (L2 and L3) and security protocols.
- Wireless experience preferred, WCS, MSE, 5508 and 4400 controllers, LWAPPs, Autonomous APs.
- Experience developing plans with respect to technology life cycles. Knowledge of Frame-Relay, Leased Lines, Ethernet(E/FE/GE/10GE) and analysis of TCP/IP, BGP, HSRP, multicast(PIM/IGMP), IPsec(VPN B2B and B2C), GRE, DMVPN, GLBP, and other protocols.
- Heavy Experience with Cisco ACLs.
- Experience with multi-homing Internet providers with public ASN and IPv4 addresses
- Experience performing IOS upgrades.
- Understanding of computer server architectures, including peripheral interfaces (FCoE, FCoTR, SNMP, SAN, NAS) is a plus.
- ASA Firewall experience, 5500 and 5500X series, Failover pairs, Routing with ASAs, General experience with Firewall ACLs.
- Experience with Cisco Voice is a Must.
- Experience with FireEye is a plus.