A global, high performing and technically advanced medical company has a new, immediate need position for a Data Warehouse Architect. The position’s goal is to successfully oversee the design, implementation and administration of the company’s first data warehouse. The project begins from scratch and will be ongoing and evolving thereafter. The warehouse will start with foundational items and further expand to add business value through complex modeling. The work will be highly visible to the executive team who will be the first to utilize it. The warehouse will then strive to be more enterprise as governed data spreads more robustly throughout the company.
- Assisting in the creation and execution of Data Warehouse Roadmaps
- Lead and Participate in the creation of Data Warehouse Data Models that meet business needs
- Lead and participate in the installation, configuration, and use of Data Quality tools
- Lead and participate in the installation, configuration, and use of Metadata tools
- Lead and participate in the installation, configuration, and use of Reporting, Data Visualization, and Data Mining tools.
- Lead, design, and develop solutions for ETL, Metadata Management, Reporting, Data Visualization, Data Mining, and distributed file systems.
- Strong working knowledge of Data Governance processes
- Strong knowledge of Oracle PL/SQL
- ETL experience using Oracle Warehouse Builder ETL tools with at least one OWB project
- Good understanding of reporting systems (Microstrategy and Tableau)
- Deep understanding of big data, cloud computing, scalable, and high performance environments
- Fluent in at least one of scripting language
- Hands on experience with large datasets to identify, aggregate, and process large amounts of data for modelling and analysis.
- Good understanding of advance analytic statistic tools (SAS, R, Matlab etc)
- Strong technical skills with all data warehousing technologies (ETL, OLAP, DBMS, BI)
- Understanding of Business Intelligence best practices
- Experience with installation and configuration of BI tools
- Advanced and coinciding education (certifications) preferred
- Forward thinking
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to think outside the box
- Problem solving capability