Go to person for risk management and related treasury matters for $1B revenue public company. Identifies and implements best practices. Manages annual insurance renewal, active claim management and safety programs throughout the organization. Main liaison with the field including significant interaction with business unit leadership and corporate management re: risk management matters. Produces reports presented to business unit leadership, corporate management and Board of Directors. Maintains expertise through a combination of experience, peer networking and training.
- Manage annual insurance renewal
- Liaise with business units in quarterly business unit meetings discussing risk management performance, safety programs and other Risk Management topics
- Produce quarterly Total Cost of Risk reports
- Design and implement preventative strategies such as safety programs, ergonomics etc.
- Claims management – product and professional, workers’ compensation, property and other lines
- Work with brokers, adjusters and internal and external counsel to bring claims to cost effective settlement
- Produce quarterly report of litigation liabilities
- Manage captive insurance company
- Liaise with actuaries
- Perform contract review
- Own SOX controls
- Supervise staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum years of experience necessary to perform essential functions of the job: 8 years
- Minimum education level to perform essential functions of the job: BA (Prefer MBA / CPA / CTP or Insurance qualification)